OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification Services
OHSAS 18001 is an assessment specification of Occupational Health And Safety Management System. It is applicable to all businesses, whether small scale or large scale. This certification addresses the issues like prevention of injuries and defining clear employee responsibilities. Companies availing the OHSAS 18001:2007 certification from Ideal Quality Certifications can gain benefits like the improvement of occupational health & management, assisting in compliance with all legal requirements, creating a responsible corporate status, increasing the health benefit for all employees on the payroll, and much more.
What are OHSAS 18001 and OHSAS 18002? :
OHSAS 18001 is an assessment specification for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. It was developed in response to the need for companies to meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner. To compliment OHSAS 18001, BSI published OHSAS 18002, which explains the requirements of the specification and shows you how to work towards implementation and registration. Together, this integrated package will provide your business with the practical means of registration :
- Identify elements of your business that impact on health and safety and gain access to the relevant legislation.
- Produce objectives for improvement and a management program to achieve them, with regular reviews for continual improvement
- BSI Management Systems will periodically assess the system and, if compliant, register your company or site to OHSAS 18001
What is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System? :
- An Occupational Health and Safety Management System provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations.
- OHS Management systems are based on standards, which specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and complying with legislation. BSI Management Systems offers registration to the internationally recognised assessment specification OHSAS 18001 (which was based on the original British Standard BS 8800).
Registration can :
- Reduce risk
- Give competitive advantages
- Help companies stay in compliance with legal requirements
- Improve overall performance
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 :
- ISO 18001 help organizations improve health and safety at work place to :
- Results in better planned and ongoing management of health and safety risks.
- Improve operational performance through policies and procedures.
- Increase access to new customers and business partners through an improved corporate image.
- Reduce costs associated with accidents and illness.
- Increase control of regulatory issues.
- Reduce risk of citations and penalties.
- Potentially reduce insurance costs.
- Reduce work-related accidents and illness.
Who can use the Program? :
- You may access consultation services if your business :
- Operates within the state of Idaho employs less than 250 employees at a single site
- Employs fewer than 500 people nationally
- Does not currently have an open OSHA compliance issue
What We Do :
- The certification program provides technical assistance and training to your business as you work towards correcting identified hazards. Also, our extensive library of safety training videos and printed materials is available to small businesses to support their safety and health efforts.
- The employer’s obligation is to correct all serious hazards identified by the consultant within a reasonable period. This commitment is made in advance.
- As an additional benefit of working with us, OSHA staff will not make scheduled inspection visits during the time your business is working with the consultation program.