17025:2005 Certification Services
17025:2005 certification is offered by Ideal Quality Certifications. This program is essential for all laboratories that perform tests in different types of industries all over India. The testing & calibration labs comply with industry standards in order to work with ISO 9000. ISO 17025 was developed to provide an identity to all labs that perform calibration and tests. Each decision is based on decisions that are accurate, verified, cost-effective, and semi-opinionated.
What is ISO 17025? :
- ISO 17025 was developed so that testing & calibration laboratories were recognized for their capabilities & areas of competence. All measurements and decisions should be based on accurate, repeatable, verifiable, cost effective, timely, and believable measurements, opinions, and recommendations. ISO 17025 helps assures this happens first time, every time, and on-time.
- Without these assurances, the data, opinion, and recommendations are immediately suspect, questionable, risky, and of greatly reduced value and usability.
- Customers should ensure that all data and opinions upon which they rely can be traced back through an unbroken chain of data based on ISO 17025.
Overview of ISO 17025 :
- ISO 17025 is one of the most popular quality standards for all laboratories; whether or not they do business with international customers. In 1891, British physicist Lord Kelvin wrote, “When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.? Mikel Harry, a noted Six Sigma authority, extends this thought as, “We don't know what we don’t know; we can’t act on what we don’t know; we won’t know until we search; we won’t search for what we don’t question; we don’t question what we don’t measure?. Both imply that if you failed to quantify the results of what you were doing, in a way, it means that you might not understand what you were really doing. Hence, organizations that are unable to track their processes, their products, or their raw materials are unable to fully manage their businesses.
- All other quality initiatives (eg. ISO 9001, QS-9001, TS-16949, Six Sigma, TQM, DOE, QFD, etc.) depend on reliable measurements, comparisons, and recommendations based on International Standards. ISO 17025 controls all aspects of how laboratories conduct their business (ie. who, what, when, where, how, how much, & why) of measurement, testing, certifying, recommending, & reporting.
ISO 17025 Success Factors :
- Research into what makes a ISO 17025 implementation a success has revealed 11 Critical Success Factors. They are, in order of importance :
- Top management leadership & commitment
- A simple, comprehensive implementation plan
- Training & support for everyone involved or affected by the implementation project
- Buy-in and voluntary support & commitment from a critical mass of people (>1 person, building to 25% of employees)
- Early successes that clearly prove that ISO 17025 will benefit customers, suppliers, management, and especially workers
- Adequate resources and time to achieve all that needs to be done
- Rapid and effective communication, feedback, and recognition on efforts made, results achieved, and work to be done
- Expert, pre-experienced advise, coaching, cheerleading, pre-warnings, and technical expertise on ISO 17025 implementation.
- Auditing, training, and remedial assistance to achieve consistent compliance to minimum requirements.
- Dress-rehersal audit, final fixes, then formal Registration Audit by Accredited Registrar
- Continuous assessment, improvement, and re-registration of systems.
How SSI Cert can help with you ISO 17025 Implementation? :
- Executive Overview Training for ISO 17025
- Project Planning, Scheduling, & Management
- Worker Training
- Generic Templates for Policies, Procedures, Process Maps, and Documentation Systems
- Statistical Data Analysis of 7 Characteristics of a Metrology System
- Calibration Models
- Inter-Lab Calibrations
- Reducing measurement system sensitivity to Operator, Environmental, Common cause, and Special Causes
- Developing Customized tests and measurement criteria.
- Error Reduction Investigations & Program Implementations
- Management Reviews for Accountability, Cost Reduction, and Independent (Third Party) Verification